Saturday 12 September 2009

Maths is Fun!












J5 and J6 have been working hard in maths this week on the topic of place value.


They have carried out challenges on the digits of their phone numbers and have been using their thinking skills to work out the answers to place value problems. They have also been practising saying 5 and 6 digit numbers aloud e.g. 706014 and 20011 and writing numbers down correctly. They have been learning about the value of digits in 5 and 6 digit numbers.


The children have played warm up activities using cards and dice to improve their addition and multiplication skills.


Mr Llewellyn and myself have been really impressed with the mental maths we've seen this week too.

In the photographs, we can see the children playing an addition card game.
More place value next week.
Mrs Marlow

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Marlow and Mr Llewellyn i did the shark game and the place value,i found it easy but the quiz was quite hard. From millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Marlow and Mr Llewellyn -I did the shark game and quiz.They are easy.I couldn't drag the nuumbers on the number machine.XD

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Marlow

    The maths was challenging but fun. I liked the sharks and the dolphins. It was my favourite part.

    See you tomorrow.

    Jack Elvis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs Marlow,

    I really liked the quiz and I enjoyed the drag & drop.

    Jack S

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i found the cards a bit easy next time could you make us do harder thing s with the cards from lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello mrs.marlow i went on the describing animals first and that was easy peasy.I went on the other one and that was quite hard for me so my dad helped me,i still didnt understand.So i need more help. from lucy.b.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a constructive comment. At Pontyclun Primary School we are always looking for positive feedback, and we endevour to celebrate success at every opportunity. If you do not have a google account you can choose to comment anonymously. If so, please let us know who you are at the end of your message. (All comments are filtered)