Tuesday 12 January 2010

Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000

This morning in year 5 we have been developing our maths skills using ICT. We played the following maths game and had some incredible scores. Have a go and see if you can get 20 questions correct quicker than:
Rosie 44 Seconds (class champion) Well done Rosie!!!!!!!!
Mr. Williams 35 Seconds
Mr. Llewellyn 31 seconds
Click the link below and choose 20 questions at the bottom of the page

http://www.aaamath.com/g32_rox2.htm#section2

you can then have a go at the rounding and estimating activity. First choose fact sheet than have a go at the quiz, there are three levels.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/numbers/wholenumbers/whatarenumbers/rounding/index.shtml

Post a comment to tell us how you got on, can you beat any of the scores above? How did you do on the quiz?

8 comments:

  1. To Mr Llewellyn and Mrs Marlow,

    I couldn't beat anyones score on rounding the numbers but my time was 50 seconds.I tried the quiz and I only got 2 questions wrong out of the hole 3 quizs.

    Hope your enjoying the snow while it lasts I know I am.


    From Millie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir
    I completed it in 41 seconds !!!! there is 6 inches of snow up in Talygarn!

    Rosie c

    ReplyDelete
  3. To sir and miss
    I completed it in 48 secs I did all of the quizes hope your enjoying the snow I am
    from Georgia E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs Marlow and Mr Llewellyn

    I had a really fun time rounding to the numbers I got 44 seconds my mum got 31 seconds and my dad got 41 seconds and I loved playing the quiz

    From

    Emily McC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sir. 37 seconds for my mum. I'm trying to beat her.

    Naomi. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sir and Miss
    i did the both activitys my favourite one was the one with the quiz.I did the 3 quizes with out getting any answers wrong.See you on monday.
    Charlotte Johnson xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found my work fine and fun to do. See you on
    Monday. Ella W

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry miss andsir this is a bit late too tell u but i did the homework? anyway i completed the 1st maths problem in the timeof 43 seconds and on the quiz i got 10/10 in all YAY
    see you in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    cora xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a constructive comment. At Pontyclun Primary School we are always looking for positive feedback, and we endevour to celebrate success at every opportunity. If you do not have a google account you can choose to comment anonymously. If so, please let us know who you are at the end of your message. (All comments are filtered)